Monday, October 10, 2011

Noticing the Unnoticed

So I was thinking about this idea of serving and being served on my way back from class today. I thought about my day and all that had happened and I decided I need to recognize the service I receive from others but also try and strive to do service for others as well.

After the big breakup in the winter I was talking to a friend and we decided that we needed to recognize the blessings in our lives. I made a goal to do one act of service and recognize one blessing in my life each day. I did that every day. It started out easy but soon became a little difficult. I've decided to restart that goal. Along with recognizing the good deeds I see from others and the things I do for others, I need to recognize the blessings in my life. I challenge you all to do the same. :)


Monday, October 10th 

I witnessed:

-Abby helping with emails at work and taking the initiative.
-Kelly taking me to the chiropractor and waiting for me during my appointment, which ended up being over an hour long.
-Tricia training Lauren at work and being so patient.
-Lindsey taking amazing care of students at work.
-Sister Evans saying hello to me and asking about my weekend.
-During my Special Ed PE class I was doing a relay race and I had to crawl on my hands an knees and my knees just killed and so when I reached the finish line I collapsed (partly joking) and a boy named Jared that has down syndrome sat next to me and gave me a hug. It took me by surprise and made my day.
-Joel in my Senior Seminar class asked about how my paper turned out and was really nice to me. That made me feel good.
-I was walking home and saw someone changing a tire for a friend.


What I did:

-I sent a fun email to the peers to brighten their day.
-I bought Kelly a Jamba for taking me to the chiropractor.
-I tried to include everyone in the PE games in my Special Ed class.
-I was patient with Brother Thompson today.


Blessing: My health. I may have issues every now and then, but I see people with so much worse and I'm grateful for the body the Lord has given me and how He has helped me through my trials concerning my health. I'm glad I am active and able to be health enough to serve and aid others.

No comments:

Post a Comment