Monday, November 28, 2011

Spotlight

Insight in to the life of Tara.

Parties and I aren't friends. We used to be, but alas through years of being overshadowed by sisters and friends they have become a disappointment. I shared everything as a child and birthday parties were no different. Rarely have I had attention fixed on me. Normally it has been distracted by the more talented and exciting siblings or the more alluring friends. I've spent a lot of time in the shadows; kept behind that person as they soaked up my spotlight.



Part of the reason I moved to Idaho was to get away from being in their shadow. I moved to a place that no one knew me or my family or friends. I have tried to not allow myself to drift back into that shadow. Although there has been times that I have felt the light slip away. I don't like feeling that way. I don't like having to give up everything like I had done at home. Always for everyone else. Baptism shared, parties shared, room shared, toys, clothes, food, money, time, energy...

It would make me feel like I wasn't important enough to recognize alone. Like I was just something to check off the list.

It wasn't always like that but when you have six kids in your family, you tend to get lost in the crowd.

Even now, at 23, I feel unrecognized and lost in the crowd. No big special acts of love.



Okay enough whining. Don't worry, I'm not slitting my wrists or suicidal. :)

1 comment:

  1. O dear if this makes you a bit strange then I must be CRAZY! But good for you embracing your inner stange it truly is a beautiful thing! 8 seriously feel sorry for all those normal people that just live their lives how dull! But you my dear will never have a dull moment! I love that you can have the perspective of a third party and be able to look at yourself and laugh its rare that many people can do such a thing good for you in finding the humor in life and yourself. P.S dog TOTally looks like toby mmmmmmmeeerrrrrrraaaaaaah anyways thank you for gracing my life with your friendship u truly are an amazing person and one of the stangest in the sense of less then myself young grasshopper lol love ur face your always your crazy friend
    ashley alvelais

    ReplyDelete